CPU running at 100%

Windows Vista Home Basic

Seawatcher is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CPU running at 100%
I run Vista Home Basic and have had no problems up until yesterday when my laptop suddenly started running the CPU at 100%. Internet explorer keeps crashing and laptop runs extremely slowly. Have searched around on internet for answers can't find one that makes sense. Can anyone help.
Addie2011's Avatar

Addie2011 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: CPU running at 100%
I have got the same problem too.. I find it is because I have programs that use alot of my CPU... I run SOMUD torrent download program and Wondershare video converter at the sametime.. Both take alot of cpu...Sometimes I can rum Windows media player too but rarely...I found that windows defender slows the computer down when it scans..make sure Defender is not scanning in the background when you load up your computer...Also minimise the amount of processes in your msconfig utility...Ask an expert about what to uncheck..I unchecked most third party ones in startup that helped..

Hope this is helpful to you and I hope we can be buddies

getsanju20 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: CPU running at 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie2011 View Post
I have got the same problem too.. I find it is because I have programs that use alot of my CPU... I run SOMUD torrent download program and Wondershare video converter at the sametime.. Both take alot of cpu...Sometimes I can rum Windows media player too but rarely...I found that windows defender slows the computer down when it scans..make sure Defender is not scanning in the background when you load up your computer...Also minimise the amount of processes in your msconfig utility...Ask an expert about what to uncheck..I unchecked most third party ones in startup that helped..

Hope this is helpful to you and I hope we can be buddies
According to me it is due to the more load on CPU.And at this time i think we must stop the working and close the opening processes according to their preference.

CACS is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: CPU running at 100%
I've been there too. Vista has some strange stuff happening in the background. I did find that IE was problematic and switched to Firefox. It works much better in terms of not crashing. Safari is also a good option. Chrome is my current favorite. I still get occasional warning of high CPU use from plug ins run by my browser. I haven't found a way around them.