How do you remove a malware virus?

Windows Vista Home Basic

Schultzy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do you remove a malware virus?
I got a malware virus back on thursday, I thought it would be a simple fix but its turning out its a thorn in my side. The first thing I did was doing a full scan with Malwarebytes, while it was scanning the malware bought up a bunch of **** sites. After about an hour it claim there was no malware found. So the next thing I did was entered the computer into Safe Mode and ran CCleaner then did another full scan with Malwarebyte but again it claimed it found nothing. Lastly I decided to download a new malware scanning program called Spyware Doctor, it found the malware virus but the program wouldnt let me delete it without paying the company $10 to register.

Is there any other free option to get rid of this annoying malware virus?

GavinHarper is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How do you remove a malware virus?
Hi Mate

Mal ware virus affects the computer badly. So you have to refromat the system and again
install all softwares.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: How do you remove a malware virus?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
I got a malware virus back on thursday, I thought it would be a simple fix but its turning out its a thorn in my side. The first thing I did was doing a full scan with Malwarebytes, while it was scanning the malware bought up a bunch of **** sites. After about an hour it claim there was no malware found. So the next thing I did was entered the computer into Safe Mode and ran CCleaner then did another full scan with Malwarebyte but again it claimed it found nothing. Lastly I decided to download a new malware scanning program called Spyware Doctor, it found the malware virus but the program wouldnt let me delete it without paying the company $10 to register.

Is there any other free option to get rid of this annoying malware virus?
Hi Schultzy,

what name did Spyware Doctor give to the malware?

regards

Steve

rainbowl55 is on a distinguished road
[...]

hello, people. i meet the same problem, could you please suggest more? thanks for your help in advance.

Schultzy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How do you remove a malware virus?
I got the virus removed but its gonna cost me an arm and a leg, the virus got so bad a couple days ago that it wouldnt let me do anything so I called AT&t and they told me they can completly remove every virus in the comp for $120. Thinking I was gonna get a cool new program for that pirce I agree and they took control of my computer. But get this all they did was a scan with Malwarebytes and it did the same thing telling them no malware found but after the scan Malwarebytes asked if I would like to update it for free. They updated the program for me and it found the virus. After that they called it good. Glad $120 went to using a FREE program!