Facebook and Vista

Windows Vista Home Basic

suzn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Facebook and Vista
Please help me in getting this problem corrected. I am using Vista Home Basic I keep getting the following message whenever I go from an app page back to my facebook home page. It kicks me out of
facebook...why?
> It will show me the following message in a box superimposed over my home page of facebook:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.facebook.com/?ref=home Operation aborted"

Any answers need to be in remedial computer talk so I can understand what to do if I need to.

ribonzz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Facebook and Vista
Facebook have it's own requirements for browsing it (like a game), so if you don't have the requirements, you can't open it..

suzn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Facebook and Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribonzz View Post
Facebook have it's own requirements for browsing it (like a game), so if you don't have the requirements, you can't open it..
It isn't all of facebook. What happens is that I am on a Facebook app (or game) and try to go back to my home page. The message pops up when I hit the "HOME" key. It isn't on all of the apps just some of them. Is there any place that shows what Facebook requires to stop this problem?

donald1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Facebook and Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzn View Post
It isn't all of facebook. What happens is that I am on a Facebook app (or game) and try to go back to my home page. The message pops up when I hit the "HOME" key. It isn't on all of the apps just some of them. Is there any place that shows what Facebook requires to stop this problem?
you must use firebox"mozila".i hope.it will fix your problem.
__________________
IT Disaster Recovery UK

ribonzz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Facebook and Vista
Yeah, using vista and you will be often kicked out of facebook.

donald1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Facebook and Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribonzz View Post
Yeah, using vista and you will be often kicked out of facebook.

yes
he is right.facebook has own requirement.if vista having a problem u should use window XP.
__________________
IT Disaster Recovery UK

Epsylum17 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re : Facebook and Vista
try to change your connection setting
other option use google chrome is faster , mozila fire fox as well

warrenleona is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re : Facebook and Vista
I am old user of Facebook and i use this site form a long time but i really don't know about it.this is a new info for me.

ribonzz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Re : Facebook and Vista
I change my OS to XP again after my facebook error because of vista.

donald1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Re : Facebook and Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribonzz View Post
I change my OS to XP again after my facebook error because of vista.
yeah sometime facebook having problem with vista and internet explorer.
IT Disaster Recovery UK