PPPOE connection keeps dropping

Windows Vista Home Basic

sentons is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PPPOE connection keeps dropping
hi my broadband connection using PPPOE keeps failing, any suggestions as it keeps interupting my intrnet connections
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Re: PPPOE connection keeps dropping
Hi sentons,

the first thing to do is to check all the connections to your DSL.

What Model DSL Modem/Router do you have?

What ISP are you with?

regards

Steve

sentons is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: PPPOE connection keeps dropping
Hi Steve
i am using a wireless (Wimax) connnection,the connection to my PC is via ethernet

I have an XP machine that uses the same connection and it has no problems
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Re: PPPOE connection keeps dropping
Hi sentons,

please can you explain a bit more about your Network setup.

Thanks very much,

regards

Steve

sentons is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: PPPOE connection keeps dropping
Hi Steve
am mainly familiar wiht myset up wiht little details about the network /ISP setup

My setup
i have a lenovo think pad wiht windows vista and an Acer travel mate running windows XP

Both laptops connects to the wireless unit using an ethernet cable, every thing is dynamic as i dont have to assign any IP/DNS addresses to my computer for the connection

i access the service using PPPOE which has been setup identically on both laptops, the XP laptop works fine but the vista laptop keeps dropping the connections and reports error 619 (wrong user name password) on attemptsd to recconect despite using the correct username/pass word

Network Side
The network provides the wireless unit which consists of an indoor (ethernet interface to computer)/out door units (RF)

let me know if this provides sufficient information