CLSID Verification host has stopped working

Windows Vista Home Basic

skk81 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CLSID Verification host has stopped working
I have had this laptop for about two weeks, and every time I open up my favorites in Internet Explorer, I get this error message...any way I can fix it?
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: CLSID Verification host has stopped working
Hi skk81,

please can you have a look at your Event Viewer, see Windows Vista Event Viewer and post the error details,

regards

Steve

skk81 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: CLSID Verification host has stopped working
Hi Steve. The error details are:

<Data>verclsid.exe</Data>
<Data>6.0.6000.16386</Data>

<Data>4549b0f0</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>6d0cd09c</Data>

<Data>a08</Data>

<Data>01c925e52f8c1d60</Data>

</EventData>
</Event>

I hope that is what you meant, that stuff means nothing to me!
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: CLSID Verification host has stopped working
Thats great skk81, exactly what I was looking for.

What Firewall do you use?

If you only use the built in Vista Firewall, then please check out this page on how to allow a program through the Firewall How to allow a program through the Windows Vista Firewall - Simple Help

The program you are looking for is in the windows\system32 folder and the name is verclsid.exe

regards

Steve

CHINLEE!! is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: CLSID Verification host has stopped working
Heres what to do to fix this issue. Copy this exe >> verclsid.exe Now go to the start button in the lower left corner. Click on it and type in the window regedit. When regedit appears click on it. When the Windows permission window appears click continue. Now, click on edit and then find. Paste the verclsid.exe in the window. Besure that everything including "whole strings" is checked marked. Now click find next. This will take about a minute to find the verclsid.exe file. It will appear in the right window. When it finds it delete it. Another window will appear basically asking you if you are sure if you want to delete it. Click ok. Reboot your computer and this will fix it. Now if you click on a favorite after the reboot and the allow window appears besure to check mark never ask again and allow it. Thats all...all fixed. CHINLEE!!