Configuring Access Point using WLAN 11g USB WIFI Adapter

Windows Vista Home Basic

bmassey89's Avatar

bmassey89 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Configuring Access Point using WLAN 11g USB WIFI Adapter
So, I've bought this EDUP adapter, which is supposed create a wireless access point from a computer with an existing connection.

http://everydaysource.com/gndslitead01.h...

I've installed the drivers and utility programs successfully, but when i try to open the utility program to configure my device, the window opens, but then shuts not even a half a second later.
Can someone please help me?

I need to change the configurations from "station" to "access point" But I don't know how to do that.
Perhaps there's a way to do it manually, without a program.
Or if someone could tell me why the program won't stay open, I'd greatly appreciate any help.
I've been trying to get this to work for hours. T_T

goedker is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Configuring Access Point using WLAN 11g USB WIFI Adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmassey89 View Post
So, I've bought this EDUP adapter, which is supposed create a wireless access point from a computer with an existing connection.

http://everydaysource.com/gndslitead01.h...

I've installed the drivers and utility programs successfully, but when i try to open the utility program to configure my device, the window opens, but then shuts not even a half a second later.
Can someone please help me?

I need to change the configurations from "station" to "access point" But I don't know how to do that.
Perhaps there's a way to do it manually, without a program.
Or if someone could tell me why the program won't stay open, I'd greatly appreciate any help.
I've been trying to get this to work for hours. T_T
-Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am having the exact same problem and would also appreciate some help.

danieljm is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Configuring Access Point using WLAN 11g USB WIFI Adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by goedker View Post
-Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am having the exact same problem and would also appreciate some help.
It may be a little late by now, but I think you need to disable the windows Wlan control panel thingy so that the edup control panel can have control of the lan. Hope this helps.

Daniel