network from vista pc to xp laptop D-link usb

Windows Vista Home Basic

aaseirene is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
network from vista pc to xp laptop D-link usb
I can not get my D-link usb to work have tried to install it many times, comes up with aps getinterface count has to close program. what can I do to make it work I am on bigpond wireless modem to internet from pc.
Irene
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Irene,

welcome aboard

Try right click on the install software and select Run As Administrator from the popup menu.

regards

Steve

aaseirene is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vista pc network xp laptop local and internet.
I have tryed to make a home and internet network between our vista pc and xp laptop. We do not have adsl but wireless internet via bigpond modem.
I am using a D_link usb connection. can get a local connection . but when I close my computer and want to start up again I get a message of blocked program D-link is blocked. Have reinstall, comes up with apsInitialize, WZCSAPI.dll , Wlanapi. dll, it is either one of those that is missing. Have trying download update downloaded the missing links nothing works for any lenght of time.
Irene
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Irene,

can you go to Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro USA and give your PC a quick check for Viruses.

Can you also go to your Event Viewer and post any errors that appear in there.

regards

Steve