FSX not Responding

Windows Vista Home Basic

FSXpilot's Avatar

Location: Arizona
FSXpilot is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FSX not Responding
I recently received windows vista for christmas and I installed FSX. It
worked for about a week then every time u try to start the program up
it doesn't respond. I have gone to the troubleshooting websites and did
what they said to do. It would work for about 2-3 hours then it would
stop responding. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it about 4 time
now. So can you tell me how to fix it. PLEASE

-Thanks
FSXpilot
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi FSXpilot,

can you try right click on the FSX icon and select Run As Administrator and see what happens.

Also can you look in the Event Viewer to see if there are any FSX errors after you try and run it.

Let us know how you get on,

regards

Steve
FSXpilot's Avatar

Location: Arizona
FSXpilot is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks steve but i already am running it as admin.

the problem is that microsoft is not telling me how to fix it
__________________
FSXpilot
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi FSXpilot,

are there any errors in the Event Viewer?

regards

Steve
FSXpilot's Avatar

Location: Arizona
FSXpilot is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no theres nothing going on in the event viewer
__________________
FSXpilot
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi FSXpilot,

is the Multiplayer option available to you when you start FSX?

regards

Steve
FSXpilot's Avatar

Location: Arizona
FSXpilot is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i dont know i cant start it up
__________________
FSXpilot
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi FSXpilot,

silly me

Lets try and see if Vista DEP ( Data Execution Prevention ) has anthing to do with it.

This page has instructions on how to turn off DEP.... John Barnett's Windows Vista Support: Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) , see if it has any effect.

regards

Steve
FSXpilot's Avatar

Location: Arizona
FSXpilot is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks steve but it said
C:\Users\James>bcdedit.exe/set {current} nx AlwaysOff
The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
Access is denied.

__________________
FSXpilot
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi FSXPilot,

try enter bcdedit.exe /CREATESTORE into the command prompt Run As Administrator.

If you have problems with the above command then get VistaBootPro from VistaBootPRO - Go PRO with Microsoft Windows Vista Boot Manager

On the VistaBootPro Advanced Tab there is a tickbox for turning off DEP.

regards

Steve