Cannot obtain Admin Rights

Windows Vista Home Basic

Jegacats is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cannot obtain Admin Rights
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here and really need your help.

On a few occasions, when I attempt to install an application from the Internet
Citrix
Active X from an e-learning site, I receive the error message.
"You do not have admin rights......"

I checked in the "My Computer properties and I really do not have admin rights. This is rediculous! It's my machine! :
How can I correct this? I really do need these applications
for my studies and for my work.

Many thanks to whoever can help me

Jega

Last edited by Jegacats : 01-20-2008 at 15:33. Reason: forgot to say hi
The Following User Says Thank You to Jegacats For This Useful Post:
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Jega,

welcome aboard

If you right-click on the application install icon and select Run As Administrator, it should work ok.

Get back to us and let us know how you get on,

regards

Steve

Jegacats is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks Steve,

I tried that but to no avail. It still tells me that it was a failed installation due to three reasons. I don't even have the choice to run as. Is there any way I can change my settings in "My Computer" from Run in separate memory space to Run as administrator?
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Jega,

please try reinstall the program. This time right click on the Internet Explorer icon and select Run As Administrator. This should give you enough rights to run.

The other alternative would be to directly download the application and then run the install as administrator,

regards

Steve

Jegacats is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you
Finally got a least one thing done. I'll try the citrix another time. Thanks for all the help.
See ya soon I'm sure.
bye

drowzee is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can use User Manager for XP/Vista Home from xphometools.