Hi, new here and new to vista

Windows Vista Home Basic

Pamela is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, new here and new to vista
Hi guys
Just purchased a laptop today with windows vista on it - haven't a clue where to start. Very familiar with windows XP which is on my old computer. What to you use for typing package eg: Word or Excel etc. Do i need to get the discs for word and excel and install them or has vista got it's own packages.

Any other basic tips on where to start. Going to be using it for small business stuff (invoicing, letters, calenders etc).

Also Using outlook on old pc - how to move all that to new laptop?
thanks
Pamela
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Pamela,

welcome aboard.

If you will be using it for business then you will need Office applications. If you have your old Office CD then you can put it on the new laptop. You may have to uninstall it from the other pc first.

Otherwise you can install Open Office which is a free Office Suite just like Microsoft Office from OpenOffice.org: Home

Also ensure that you have adequate Anti Virus coverage.

Here is a great article on how to change over from Outlook Express to Windows Mail ( no more Outlook Express ) .... Migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Mail | Windows Vista for Beginners

Hope this helps,

regards

Steve