Recover Files In Deleted Account

Windows Vista General

Elizabeth Middleford is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recover Files In Deleted Account
Help plz! I deleted my account and I forgot that I've something it it. So how can I recover my items? Big trouble! Help! Important files!

Location: London
REBOOTTHAT is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Recover Files In Deleted Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Middleford View Post
Help plz! I deleted my account and I forgot that I've something it it. So how can I recover my items? Big trouble! Help! Important files!
You should try some data recovery software like this:

Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files
__________________
RebootThat.com - London Computer Repair
radjman's Avatar

radjman is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Recover Files In Deleted Account
you can take ownership of these files. but if you cant see security tab in sharing and security section of a folder try thisn a wdinow on Tools menu--->Folder Options--->View ----> uncheck "Use simple file sharing" (last option).
Now you can get a property of your folder and open "sharing and security" ----> security --->Advance--->Owner---> add your current user account in owners list ----> check the "Replace owner on subcontainers ..." --- > hit OK.
Luck

Last edited by radjman : 11-14-2011 at 10:34.

stephen.moore is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Recover Files In Deleted Account
Hello Elizabeth,

Deleting a file will never erase the contents from the stored drive. Only the index file will be removed but the actual data still exist on the stored sector until it is overwritten with new data. Such data can be recovered easily with recovery utility. They will help you to recover lost files from Windows.

One thing before using any tool download its demo and evaluate.

mandykk is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Recover Files In Deleted Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by radjman View Post
you can take ownership of these files. but if you cant see security tab in sharing and security section of a folder try thisn a wdinow on Tools menu--->Folder Options--->View ----> uncheck "Use simple file sharing" (last option).
Now you can get a property of your folder and open "sharing and security" ----> security --->Advance--->Owner---> add your current user account in owners list ----> check the "Replace owner on subcontainers ..." --- > hit OK.
Luck

Thank you for sharing! Now the problem solved.

fillsmith is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Recover Files In Deleted Account
You have three options to access the old files - either Open, Copy or Restore.
• Open allows you to browse the archive of the folder from the restore date, letting you drag and drop any number of files out of the archive (probably the easiest method).
• Copy will prompt you to select a destination folder to copy all of the backup archive to. This is useful if you want to restore the entire folder to a new location.
• Restore will overwrite the currently selected folder with all the files from the restore point (overwriting any modifications). Only use this if you are aware any file since this restore date will be overwritten.
this Windows vista tip help to recover your deleted files