IE and Gadget Display Problems

Windows Vista General

Walks42 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IE and Gadget Display Problems
Some graphics show as blank with small red cross - but only sometimes.
This problem began about 6 months ago after 12 months being fine.
Examples:
1. Google Maps won't show the Map but will show the Satelite views.
2. Gadget screen won't show .jpg photos - but the photos are fine in any other viewer.
3. Many web page buttons (.png) won't show - some don't show at all and some show just a small red cross.
I've tried:
1. re-associating filetypes by clicking restore defaults.
2. your recommended download, RegistryBooster 2011 (I've just run the full version)
No improvement at all.
I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 on Toshiba laptop with Intel Dual 1.73 with 2GB ram.
You can tell that I've been in the land of the deeply confused for many months - I'll welcome any info or hints.

Location: London
REBOOTTHAT is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: IE and Gadget Display Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks42 View Post
Some graphics show as blank with small red cross - but only sometimes.
This problem began about 6 months ago after 12 months being fine.
Examples:
1. Google Maps won't show the Map but will show the Satelite views.
2. Gadget screen won't show .jpg photos - but the photos are fine in any other viewer.
3. Many web page buttons (.png) won't show - some don't show at all and some show just a small red cross.
I've tried:
1. re-associating filetypes by clicking restore defaults.
2. your recommended download, RegistryBooster 2011 (I've just run the full version)
No improvement at all.
I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 on Toshiba laptop with Intel Dual 1.73 with 2GB ram.
You can tell that I've been in the land of the deeply confused for many months - I'll welcome any info or hints.
Have you tried CCleaner? You could have a corrupt Internet Cache that needs clearing. Here's the link:

CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
__________________
RebootThat.com - London Computer Repair
The Following User Says Thank You to REBOOTTHAT For This Useful Post:

Walks42 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE and Gadget Display Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by REBOOTTHAT View Post
Have you tried CCleaner? You could have a corrupt Internet Cache that needs clearing. Here's the link:

CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Thanks for the link Reb.. I downloaded it and tried it just now.
No improvement I'm afraid - but at least it was free!

I've also tried updating Java (a colleague suggested that many website-buttons have javascript underneath them) but that didn't help either.

Thanks again, I'll welcome any hints...
Ambrose77's Avatar

Ambrose77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE and Gadget Display Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks42 View Post
Thanks for the link Reb.. I downloaded it and tried it just now.
No improvement I'm afraid - but at least it was free!

I've also tried updating Java (a colleague suggested that many website-buttons have javascript underneath them) but that didn't help either.

Thanks again, I'll welcome any hints...
Yesterday I upgraded my IE, but after the upgrade, got two gadgets a problem, screenshot: http://i54.tinypic.com/hvxzpj.jpg, other gadgets are fine. The situation is, I downloaded the installer IE9 web and ran when words IE9 download shows like "download that is." I finished the download progress (once) the form, the task manager (I have to do this time because of other reasons), but after a few minutes I again started to download it shows "Installation" (I guess I did not denounce all download progress related) and in a minute, he has finished installing, I was asked to restart the next time I reboot, this problem is occurred. It is plugged in, even I reinstalled my video driver, but the problem is still there. How can I fix it?
Ambrose
Catch me through my write ups:
Projector
Sleeping pods