Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows mail makes MAC attractive

Windows Vista General

Speedup My PC
Old 03-26-2011

mervk is on a distinguished road
Windows mail makes MAC attractive
I have configured a new laptop over the last few days using Vista. Email has been working ok, however suddenly the attachments are no longer showing in Windows Mail viewing pane. The top pane shows the paperclip against the message, and if I forward a message, it shows the attachment as being forwarded. When I receive that message on my Blackberry, the attachment is there, so the attachments are being received ok. There just isn't a paperclip in the top RH corner of the viewing pane for me to click to access them.

I'm using CA anti virus, but have changed nothing today, and it all worked this morning. Can anyone please suggest what option has to be enabled/disabled? I have tried everything obvious.

Thanks

Mervk

Added: I have found that if I right click on an email in the top pane, then open, it will show the attachment name in the attachment field. If I then click on that, I can open or save the attachment. So, everything is normal except in the reading pane the paperclip is not present to enable me to accrss the attachment the way I have done so for years.

I'm talking about the header line which shows the address from and to, as well as subject. There should be a paperclip in RH corner of this header indicating there is an attachment.

How can I get it back there? Or do I ease my fraustration with all things microsoft and forever ban them from my life?

Why can't I buy a pc these days preloaded with XP?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011

Farley is on a distinguished road
Re: Windows mail makes MAC attractive
I have exactly the same issue this week, only change was the update to IE 9, the font of my text at the top of the preview pane has also changed to a larger bold font. The only way to open the attachment is to first open the message, very frustrating. I am searching the internet to try and find a solution but I see there is no reply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervk View Post
I have configured a new laptop over the last few days using Vista. Email has been working ok, however suddenly the attachments are no longer showing in Windows Mail viewing pane. The top pane shows the paperclip against the message, and if I forward a message, it shows the attachment as being forwarded. When I receive that message on my Blackberry, the attachment is there, so the attachments are being received ok. There just isn't a paperclip in the top RH corner of the viewing pane for me to click to access them.

I'm using CA anti virus, but have changed nothing today, and it all worked this morning. Can anyone please suggest what option has to be enabled/disabled? I have tried everything obvious.

Thanks

Mervk

Added: I have found that if I right click on an email in the top pane, then open, it will show the attachment name in the attachment field. If I then click on that, I can open or save the attachment. So, everything is normal except in the reading pane the paperclip is not present to enable me to accrss the attachment the way I have done so for years.

I'm talking about the header line which shows the address from and to, as well as subject. There should be a paperclip in RH corner of this header indicating there is an attachment.

How can I get it back there? Or do I ease my fraustration with all things microsoft and forever ban them from my life?

Why can't I buy a pc these days preloaded with XP?
Old 05-19-2011

NanoWatcher is on a distinguished road
Re: Windows mail makes MAC attractive
I was somehow excited with IE9 before its release, I was disappointed when I've found out that it doesn't run on Windows XP. But I've heard it has a lot of issue so I'm thankful I wasn't able to install it.