Email In....No Email Out???

Windows Vista General

mamakin4 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Email In....No Email Out???
ISP: Time Warner Cable/Road Runner in Maine. Am in California and although I am able to recieve email via windows mail---I can't send. On phone with TWC escalation tech for over an hour.....he couldn't figure it out. Tried different smtp port numbers: turns out he was Googling my problem and reading same potential solutions as I was. Final answer: "don't know."

Here is error message for test email:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'pop-server.maine.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.maine.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Able to use Road Runner web mail. Gmail etc. Do not experience same problem when I use windows mail in random places in Maine. What should I do so that I can SEND windows mail email? Again, no problem receiving email.......if anyone has answer, I'll gladly pass it along to the Tiime Warner Cable National Tech Support Escalation issues Supervisor who couldn't figure it out.

Thanks in advance as I know that somebody must have "the" answer.
Peace,
Melissa in Maine (but sitting in California)

Lech is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Email In....No Email Out???
It seems to me, that this is a problem with configuration of the Windows Mail
account. You should check Gmail's help - you can find there correct settings
as well as the error code. The changes to the settings may not take effect
immediately, so you might have to restart the system.

azns13 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Email In....No Email Out???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lech View Post
It seems to me, that this is a problem with configuration of the Windows Mail
account. You should check Gmail's help - you can find there correct settings
as well as the error code. The changes to the settings may not take effect
immediately, so you might have to restart the system.
the ports seem incorrect

dennylutz80 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Email In....No Email Out???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakin4 View Post
ISP: Time Warner Cable/Road Runner in Maine. Am in California and although I am able to recieve email via windows 7 mail---I can't send. On phone with TWC escalation tech for over an hour.....he couldn't figure it out. Tried different smtp port numbers: turns out he was Googling my problem and reading same potential solutions as I was. Final answer: "don't know."

Here is error message for test email:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'pop-server.maine.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.maine.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Able to use Road Runner web mail. Gmail etc. Do not experience same problem when I use windows mail in random places in Maine. What should I do so that I can SEND windows mail email? Again, no problem receiving email.......if anyone has answer, I'll gladly pass it along to the Tiime Warner Cable National Tech Support Escalation issues Supervisor who couldn't figure it out.

Thanks in advance as I know that somebody must have "the" answer.
Peace,
Melissa in Maine (but sitting in California)
did you try "telnet smtp.domain.com 25" this will test if port 25 is open

Garthe is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Email In....No Email Out???
Are you sending e-mail through outlook express or Microsoft outlook or any other mailing software?
What web server you are using for sending mails and
What is your e-mail ID?
reply so I will guide you accordingly.
Kindle ebook reader