Help! laptop charging/battery

Windows Vista General

BakaJamesKun is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help! laptop charging/battery
When i plug in my laptop and start it up, it says the battery is "Plugged in, Not charging" at 0%, and in less then a minute the laptop shuts down and starts back up, ad i tried multiple times to start up the laptop
oh yea its a Hp pavillion Vista
here are the specs:

#
Processor Brand
AMD
#
Processor
AMD Turion™ X2
#
Processor Speed
2.1GHz
#
Display Type
WXGA high-definition widescreen with BrightView Infinity technology and 1280 x 800 resolution
#
Screen Size
14.1"
#
Cache Memory
1MB on die Level 2
#
System Memory (RAM)
4GB
#
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To
8GB
#
Type of Memory (RAM)
DDR2
#
Hard Drive Type
Serial ATA (5400 rpm)
#
Hard Drive Size
250GB
#
Optical Drive
Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW
#
Optical Drive Speeds
Drive speeds not specified
#
Direct-Disc Labeling
Yes
#
Digital Media Reader or Slots
Yes, digital media card reader
#
Graphics
ATI RADEON HD 3200 graphics RS780M
#
Video Memory
Up to 1918MB total available

Last edited by BakaJamesKun : 08-26-2010 at 04:01.
Smiling Carcass's Avatar

Location: UK
Smiling Carcass is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Help! laptop charging/battery
I had a similar problem with my Acer 6930z. I do not use my battery unless required and store it in my fridge at 40-45% charge (it is heat that is the enemy of li-ion batteries), charging and discharging the battery every couple of months. I left it out of my laptop for several months and found leaving the battery in and charging overnight 9at least 12 hours, better 16 or more) returned it to normal functionality.

It may be the O/S is unable to read the charge correctly and shuts down to protect the battery/machine. Won’t harm it to try.

azns13 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help! laptop charging/battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Carcass View Post
I had a similar problem with my Acer 6930z. I do not use my battery unless required and store it in my fridge at 40-45% charge (it is heat that is the enemy of li-ion batteries), charging and discharging the battery every couple of months. I left it out of my laptop for several months and found leaving the battery in and charging overnight 9at least 12 hours, better 16 or more) returned it to normal functionality.

It may be the O/S is unable to read the charge correctly and shuts down to protect the battery/machine. Won’t harm it to try.
check for bios updates and other updates
[...]

Originally Posted by azns13 View Post
check for bios updates and other updates
?

I solved my problem with the advice in my post. No need for me to check for BIOS updates.

bobwarner01@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help! laptop charging/battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaJamesKun View Post
[...]

Thanks for the info. I had some of the above info. but Not proper info. about the graphic card etc. I appreciate your post.