Login screen password doesn't work

Windows Vista General

Location: Asheville, NC
bruce2020 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Login screen password doesn't work
Hello, I am a new member with a crazy problem. I swapped computers with my wife a few weeks ago. I now have the HP Laptop. I created a user name and password which worked fine several times but now I'm told the password is "incorrect" at the log in screen. It even offers the clue I created for this password.

I'm an experienced user but NOT a techie or IT savvy. The laptop didn't come with any disks but there is some kind of recovery partition that HP runs in the background...not sure now how to get to that. Any ideas?

verizondude is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Login screen password doesn't work
If you have swapped your computer with your wife, why donít you ask her? That is the fastest solution. But, if that way is not possible that could be why you are asking here, no worries because there is a solution for this problem. you didnít mention what Operating system you are running on your computer. So I am assuming you are using windows XP. if you can access into any one of the administratorís account, go to start, run and type in control userpasswords2. And there you go, you can edit or delete the password from there. it works for me.
__________________
Landing Page Optimization

Location: London
REBOOTTHAT is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Login screen password doesn't work
If all else fails you could try...

Forgot the Administrator's Password? - Windows Password Recovery - Windows Password Reset

Goodluck.
RebootThat.com - London Computer Repair

Location: London
richardcomfort is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Login screen password doesn't work
This is becoming a problem for many users after windows update. No password change or anything and you canít login into your account. The solution for this is to override your admin password or if you have computer knowledge create another admin account offline and login with those details to transfer your documents across then delete the account. For overriding admin user account there is handy boot software called spotmau. You load the CD and restart the computer and from the interface you choose admin accounts and you will see all users on your system even hidden ones. The most important account to reset is called the Administrator which is hidden. Remove the CD and reboot and you will see it as an option.
Alien Techies - Laptop repair West Drayton