Unable to format DVD-RW discs

Windows Vista General

Maurice01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unable to format DVD-RW discs
Hi, I'm trying, rather unsuccessfully at the moment to create a home video I have trouble in formatting the disc, sometimes it works sometimes it takes 5 plus minutes then fails, using normal Vista software to perform transaction. When it fails it screws up the my computer display and I have to restart explorer.
Is there something generically wrong with these discs and or Vista handling of them?
Is there a simple alternative program do the formatting ???

Thanks for any help

serpentracer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Unable to format DVD-RW discs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice01 View Post
Hi, I'm trying, rather unsuccessfully at the moment to create a home video I have trouble in formatting the disc, sometimes it works sometimes it takes 5 plus minutes then fails, using normal Vista software to perform transaction. When it fails it screws up the my computer display and I have to restart explorer.
Is there something generically wrong with these discs and or Vista handling of them?
Is there a simple alternative program do the formatting ???

Thanks for any help
it could be a bunch of things. some which you already mentioned.
other would include but not limited to drivers of the burner. a bad burner. etc.

I would at least try new software such as Nero or Roxio.
The Following User Says Thank You to serpentracer For This Useful Post:

Maurice01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unable to format DVD-RW discs
Thanks, I tried buying some new discs first, gor DVD+RW and they work perfectly, I'll leave the -rw in the drawer even though the PC was sold as being suitable for both types of RW disc

gazzoid is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Unable to format DVD-RW discs
hmm,sound like your pc doesnt like dvd -rw discs to me ring your manufacturer and ask for suitable discs for backup,or try another burner,might help

karkate is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unable to format DVD-RW discs
Hi..
Ithink your dvd -rw does not like your pc ..anyway you better go for new burner that may help..Before doing that first format your system for better response.

@@amazinglineup@@

With Regards
karkate