Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Fed Up With Vista??

Windows Vista General

Speedup My PC
Old 07-13-2009

Freshair is on a distinguished road
Fed Up With Vista??
How many of you are fed up with Vista, and plan to upgrade to Windows 7 in October when it is released.

How many of you have a backup from where you purchased your PC with Vista installed, that will upgrade your PC to Windows 7 as part of your purchase agreement?

I purchased my PC from Future Shop October, 2008! I have been totally FED UP ! My old failing PC was less frustrating than my new one, and the new one doesn't even perform any faster than my old failing one.

Really would love feedback on this problem!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009

gazzoid is on a distinguished road
Re: Fed Up With Vista??
have you tried windows 7 rc??i have myself and what it claims, speed etc wont happen,its fast because not many sevices are running, when you install all the software you use it just as fast as vista ie-slow,it.s more like a dvd/music maker than an OS,plus its ultimate, and preinstalled are gunna be premium at the most,personally i thinks they've B*lls up again as ive already seen bits for windows 8 on the web,they still cant make an OS that runs smoothly after all these years,tell us what you think?
Old 08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzoid View Post
have you tried windows 7 rc??i have myself and what it claims, speed etc wont happen,its fast because not many sevices are running, when you install all the software you use it just as fast as vista ie-slow,it.s more like a dvd/music maker than an OS,plus its ultimate, and preinstalled are gunna be premium at the most,personally i thinks they've B*lls up again as ive already seen bits for windows 8 on the web,they still cant make an OS that runs smoothly after all these years,tell us what you think?
I think maybe we should all revert back to XP and wait for some new company to come up with an OS that is efficient, fast and also includes a personal, private email program THAT IS NOT IN THE CLOUD!!!!

Does anyone know if it is possilbe to revert to the Windows XP program from a new system running Vista Home Premium but that is also a 64bit system...when their old system was 32bit? Does the OS have any connection to the 32 bit or 64bit systems? I had Windows XP with a 32bit system. I know have Vista with a 64bit system. Can I run my Old XP OS with my new system??
Old 08-01-2009

fkess is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshair View Post
I think maybe we should all revert back to XP and wait for some new company to come up with an OS that is efficient, fast and also includes a personal, private email program THAT IS NOT IN THE CLOUD!!!!

Does anyone know if it is possilbe to revert to the Windows XP program from a new system running Vista Home Premium but that is also a 64bit system...when their old system was 32bit? Does the OS have any connection to the 32 bit or 64bit systems? I had Windows XP with a 32bit system. I know have Vista with a 64bit system. Can I run my Old XP OS with my new system??
I have had W Vista Ultimate for 2 years with many problems. I had to get rid of my digital recorder that was supposed to work with it, but never did. I have some Vista certified software that that drives it and me crazy (like the jumping cursor in this message) but, I have enough problems and don't trust Microsoft to have fixed the problems in W 7. I'll sit this out for a while as long as I can still do most of my work. I don't need any more aggravation from my computer. There's enough from other sources.
Old 08-01-2009

maybe youre right xp all they have done with vista & windows 7 is give it a look polish,underneath nothings changed oh found this thread on 64-32 xp,hope it helps:http://www.techsupportforum.com/...x...-64bit-machine. html
Old 08-01-2009

maybe thats why windows 7 was brought forward, its still like the others and because a lot of folk dont like vista theyve rushed it and the rc lasts another year??,i think that says summat,dont you??i mean another year for testing,summats not right me thinks??ONLY MY OPINION
Old 08-01-2009

Quote:
maybe thats why windows 7 was brought forward, its still like the others and because a lot of folk dont like vista theyve rushed it and the rc lasts another year??,i think that says summat,dont you??i mean another year for testing,summats not right me thinks??ONLY MY OPINION
I'll wait. I can always use my xP desktop for some of the tasks.
Isn't summat English slang from maybe Yorkshire? Last time I saw that I was reading an English mystery.
Old 08-01-2009

ha ha ,lancashire mate,and if could get hold of a copy of xp i think id probably put it back on,mine only basic but i got dreanscene running watchhing full movies in background,just cant get aero to work
Old 08-01-2009

Quote:
ha ha ,lancashire mate,and if could get hold of a copy of xp i think id probably put it back on,mine only basic but i got dreanscene running watchhing full movies in background,just cant get aero to work
It's really a shame that Microsoft doesn't address this situation with some public help. Maybe some 'genius' wrote the Vista OS...and we are just not up to that standard of intelligence!? If so, a Hands on....Step by Step Tutorial might just clear all this misery up.
I dream about suing Microsoft for mental cruelty and Stress Disorder!
Old 08-01-2009

As I write this my mouse is trembling with a nervous disorder caused by my plug-in flash memory drive. It will settle down. It's not the instructions that are wanting but something to stabilize the platform. My xp desktop will not be closed down as long as I own this Vista notebook with Ultimate 64 bit.
I've had a PC since 1982 (Osborne portable with CP/M) and always used IBM DOS. I was disappointed when IBM software folded and I had to go to MS.
I worked in Cornwall on the coast near Bude in 1986 for six weeks. Very enjoyable. Does someone publish a list of all those interesting brit words not found in the English dictionary?