Startup Repair cannot repairt this computer automatically

Windows Vista General

HerbsInOZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Startup Repair cannot repairt this computer automatically
Hi, Please help.

My Toshiba Qosmio running Vista 32bit does not want to boot at all.
I tried to start in SafeMode but it keeps telling me to run repair.

I did not get any OS disks from seller and just burned a StartupRepair from Neosmart.

I ran this and still can not get me laptop to boot.

The error reads:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
Problem Signature 03: 6
Problem Signature 04: 262147
Problem Signature 05: NoRootCause
Problem Signature 06: NoRootCause
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 2
Problem Signature 09: WrpRepair
Problem Signature 10: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

gazzoid is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Startup Repair cannot repairt this computer automatically
if u can type in VISTA RECOVERY DISC and download and burn this,press DEL on boot up and make your dvd rom drive primary boot source in settings,this should boot ud recovery disc,not an expert but had no such problems(yet)hope this might help

HerbsInOZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Startup Repair cannot repairt this computer automatically
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzoid View Post
if u can type in VISTA RECOVERY DISC and download and burn this,press DEL on boot up and make your dvd rom drive primary boot source in settings,this should boot ud recovery disc,not an expert but had no such problems(yet)hope this might help
Thanks, gazzoid - I have done this already and was able to run the recovery disk.

The recovery dik ran(I have done this at least 7 or 8 times) and at the end I get told that "Windows was not able to repair computer automatically"

Since then I have tried to run XP on the laptop just to get to my files. This failed also and gave message that said that hard drive has no power - I checked this and think that the hard drive connection is ok??

>Unplugged harddr, started computer - no message.
>Plugged in started, got standard message about running recomended repair.

Back to squire 1??

gazzoid is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Startup Repair cannot repairt this computer automatically
was it pre installed?if so have u tries pressing f8 on boot up for advanced settings?this takes u to a different menu where it says repair my pc,soz i couldny help

HerbsInOZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Startup Repair cannot repairt this computer automatically
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzoid View Post
was it pre installed?if so have u tries pressing f8 on boot up for advanced settings?this takes u to a different menu where it says repair my pc,soz i couldny help
Thanks again,

Ive done that and tried all the standard stuff as explained in other threds to try and revive the thing.

I now have 2 options - pay someone to have a look (this will be the first time in my life) or invest in a gun and enjoy the pleasure of shooting the s**t out of this Toshiba.

gazzoid is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Startup Repair cannot repairt this computer automatically
hahaha,eh if u saying its that scre..ed,av ago at installing windows 7,then maybe invest in a gun(joke)....i'd also check with ur manufacturers,they can be s**ts,they remove app and alsorts so u do end up paying,notice theyved removed redisc files from mine,so when i downloaded it id knowhere to place the files to main file in system 32 W*****S