Vista problem combo

Windows Vista General

RonTom is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista problem combo
hi, ive searched around the internet for a solution to my problem but so far so bad, and still havent found 1 post specific enough to determine if it is the same problem. im sorry if i missed a post and this is spam

my problem started like a week ago, when my music and youtube would, every once in a while, slow down a bit for a few seconds, yet the task manager wouldnt detect any excess cpu usage or something similar, so i thought it was something else, and in order to boost performance i defragged, and changed my vista to "performance mode", adding all the programs i use (utorrent, messenger, itunes ect) and it worked perfectly fine until a few days ago, except when the psqltray.exe would go wild, but thats another issue, i think

i noticed one svchost.exe would start using massive ammounts of cpu process power (over 250,000 k) so i went to the services and tried to disable 1 by 1 to find the responsible, but none seemed to be it. after i did this, and reactivated all services, the svchost would still use the 250k, but the cpu usage monitor wouldnt register it, saying cpu usage was at 1%, even though the computer was clearly slow

more recently, i started having booting problems. not only it takes a lifetime to boot into windows, as soon as booting is complete, it freezes. no bluescreen, no error msg, no nothing, i can move the mouse, but cannot open anything, even after i wait overnight.

i cant open in safe mode because it freezes after "Loaded: /windows/system32/drivers/crcdisk.sys" and then boots in normal mode.

every once in a while, after a few restarts, it will open normally, allowing me to open the windows task manager or something like that, and soon after, freezes all possible functions again. i can still move the mouse, but i cant click anywhere.

i use mcaffee constantly to check for viruses, so i think theyre out of the picture (even though they never are ). i cant reinstall vista nor format my computer because i would loose really important files (i present my thesis in 1 month, and the only file is in there) and i also think the problem is something more related with vista itself rather than a failure for the following reason:

when it boots, the last program to open, is windows messenger. i know i didnt add messenger to the DEP list, thinking it was obvious that a windows program would recognize another windows program. right after it "opens" the bakcground gets "coated" in a blur layer, like when you get those proceed or continue manual options on sensitive programs (i forgot their name) which dissapears quickly after, and i cant click anywhere after this. i can see right now, for example, that the windows task manager is still working (the memory requirements of the programs change constantly), with 82 Processes, cpu usage at 1% and physical memory at 30%, but it stopped right after i clicked "show processes from all users", but i didnt get the notification screen.

so, my wildest guess is, DEP is blocking graphics-related Windows processes, so i cant see the notification screen layer, but it is there. i cant click anywhere because im only supposed to be able to click in 2 places, but i cant seem to find it. enter and escape dont seem to work, as well as alt+control+delete and around the windows task manager i get the windows clock thingy, as if it was processing something.

any help on this issue is more than welcome, since i need to finish my stuff. sadly my roommate accidentaly spilled coffee (a lot) on my external HDD and i lost all backup in there, and i have no recovery points in this computer

Thanks a lot
tom