Vista Home Premium - won't print PDF's to network printer

Windows Vista General

soulman1980 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista Home Premium - won't print PDF's to network printer
Thanks in advance for any help. New member to the forum.

I'm having a frustrating problem where I have a Vista Home Premium machine that will print fine to a Konica-Milnolta C352 printer, the print test page is good, all documents/internet prints with no issue.

However, when printing from Adobe Reader (any PDF file), attempting to print results in the pring log saying "ERROR".

There is no further detailed information I can seem to ascertain on the message other than "ERROR" in the print log.

The job does not get to the printer, as the printer has its own log that shows all jobs that come in, or rejected with its own error messages.

I saw "Unless explicitly specified, PDF's cannot send information to the Internet" option in the preferences to Adobe Reader. I thought maybe beacuse our printer prints to an IP address this could be the issue, but I changed it to "allow all websites" - this made no difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Justin

JeanneD is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Vista Home Premium - won't print PDF's to network printer
The page you are trying to print--is it from another source, or did you create it?

soulman1980 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista Home Premium - won't print PDF's to network printer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneD View Post
The page you are trying to print--is it from another source, or did you create it?
Neither type will print correctly. I have tried both, and insured they are not secured in any way.

Also, if it helps, all of these documents print fine from all the other XP machines on the LAN, just not the two Vista machines.

Thanks,
Justin

JeanneD is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Vista Home Premium - won't print PDF's to network printer
I'll describe my problem (possibly different from yours) and resolution--you can see if it works for you....when I was CREATING a PDF, it would not print once it opened after being created, nor would it attach to emails.... What I found in a forum thread worked...I created a folder to which I save any PDF I create. Then after creating & saving the PDF, I can then go to that folder and either open, print and save as, or I can access that folder to attach to an email...extra steps involved but now functional...hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman1980 View Post