Windows Mail Problems

Windows Vista General

JonShaffer1963 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows Mail Problems
Not able to use windows mail as it won't import my large outlook file. What kind of company would make a replacement product which doesn't work with its predecessor? I don't understand. So, I re-installed Office and Outlook 2003 which is also causing problems. I have read and attempted several times and ways to import/export my outlook to windows mail with no success. I am not a computer expert and EXTREMELY discouraged with Microsoft at this time. I have never had so many problems with a new product in my entire life.
t-4-2's Avatar

t-4-2 will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonShaffer1963 View Post
Not able to use windows mail as it won't import my large outlook file. What kind of company would make a replacement product which doesn't work with its predecessor? I don't understand. So, I re-installed Office and Outlook 2003 which is also causing problems. I have read and attempted several times and ways to import/export my outlook to windows mail with no success. I am not a computer expert and EXTREMELY discouraged with Microsoft at this time. I have never had so many problems with a new product in my entire life.
Are OL and WM both installed in the same computer ?
If yes, WM > Tools > Accounts > (your account), Import > message, etc.
t-4-2

JonShaffer1963 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Problems
import does not work. tried it long ago
maybe widows live????
t-4-2's Avatar

t-4-2 will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonShaffer1963 View Post
import does not work. tried it long ago
maybe widows live????
Hello JonShaffer,
You have not answered my question.
Is OL installed in the SAME computer where you want to export to WM ?
t-4-2

JonShaffer1963 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
Hello JonShaffer,
You have not answered my question.
Is OL installed in the SAME computer where you want to export to WM ?
t-4-2

Read the original again as I stated that I've re-installed OL and am using it now.

JonShaffer1963 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Problems
can someone please tell me why my new vista machine is not compatible with previous microsoft programs like outlook, word, office and everything else microsoft ever made? If I had only known how much trouble this vista is I would never have purchased a windows machine. no one here can even offer help for importing my e-mail. why not? BECAUSE IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE!!!! what fool is running microsoft?????????? this is unbelievable Jon Shaffer small business owner
t-4-2's Avatar

t-4-2 will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonShaffer1963 View Post
can someone please tell me why my new vista machine is not compatible with previous microsoft programs like outlook, word, office and everything else microsoft ever made? If I had only known how much trouble this vista is I would never have purchased a windows machine. no one here can even offer help for importing my e-mail. why not? BECAUSE IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE!!!! what fool is running microsoft?????????? this is unbelievable Jon Shaffer small business owner
I am not an expert. Just a regular user. I do know part of the answer of your problem, but I am hesitant. Basically, you need to ....
In Outlook:

(Menubar) > File > Export > Contacts > CSV (Comma Separated Values) > Save to where you like (removable media)

In Windows Mail:

(Menubar) > File > Import > Windows Contacts > CSV (Comma Separated Values) > Browse to where you saved the file from above

BUT I do not know the prcise details step by step.
Here is a link to another forum where you WILL get a lot of useful help. You need to join the membership, FREE. Then you can post your question there at the appropriate forum, i.e. Vista Mail.

Vista Forums ( note: don't let the word 64 stop you.)

t-4-2