snipping tool

Windows Vista General

55jerry is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
snipping tool
H,
I just started using the snipping tool, pretty cool.
Could someone tell me how to make a screenshot that you click on and you get another page with an enlarged view of the screenshot?
I know this is probably pretty basic stuff...but when you don't know, well you gotta ask right?

55jerry is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: snipping tool
Come-on whats a guy gotta do to get an answer to a dumb question around here? Share a little of your expertise you VistaHeads. I've looked, and tried and just can't get it to work. Help me out!

serpentracer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: snipping tool
I know what you are asking but I have to wonder exactly what for. (you don't need to) are you trying to post it in a forum? (like this place)
if you post it on a forum as an attachment, it will show up as a small thumbnail(most forums do, but not this place) until you click on it and then shows up larger, or the original size you uploaded. basically, you don't make it do that, the forum does.

as for seeing it on your computer larger, you can enlarge it with a picture viewer such as windows photo gallery.

another way to take a screenshot is using the "print screen" button.
go to a screen you want to capture and hit the print screen button, next open up MS Paint.
select edit, then paste. your screen capture will show up.

Last edited by serpentracer : 12-14-2008 at 04:24.

55jerry is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: snipping tool
Hey thanks Serpentracer,
I wanted to use it on my wordpress blog, you know have a thumbnail view you could click on to see it full sized to see the details of the screenshot. Anyway I figured it out, you do it on the upload screen on your blog, by inserting the original url ( at least I think it's the original url)

Anyway thanks for your response, I appreciate it!

Hey what's up with the no curser thing here, I really don't like it, my two cents worth.
Jerry

Location: Omaha, NE
Rolynstone is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: snipping tool
Hi Jerry, I am unaware of being able to click on the snapshot in it's native app and enlarge it. You could simply save it in one of it's graphic formats like jpg then open the jpg file by using an editing app like Word or Paint. With Work you can just click into the graphic and drag it's handles to the size you want. I have used Snipit quite a bit and find it real handy. LOLuck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rolynstone For This Useful Post: