Daily BSOD's

Windows Vista General

aidentaz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Daily BSOD's
Over the past month or so I've been frequently getting BSOD's. So I formated, driver installs were in this order, nVidia 178.13 Vista 86x, then nVidia nForce 15.23 Vista 86x. Then SP1, then ran windows update, and installed all updates. I was heasetant about installing the WU raid driver, because some one said some where that it might cause conflicts with the nForce ones or some crap. Possible programs installed that could cause f'ups are, diskeeper, eset AV, .NET framework 1.1, visual c++ 2005?, superanti spyware, adaware, and a vista codec package. Used ccleaner to see these. In event viewer, main problems are: Alot of "Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider, Event ID 7000, Level: Error", A great lot of "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot (1 through to 20some thing)" And a heap of these... "Event 4385, Servicing. (Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update 950125-8_neutral_PACKAGE from package KB950125(Update) into Staged(Staged) state) But there are a heap of different ones, are those windows update failures?.
Ive googled my problems big time to no avail, tried driver verifyer. It has to be drivers problems, but which ones! video and nforce should be fine...all signs point to windows updates including sp1... This was from my last BSOD: Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 96DD0F83
BCP3: 80399904
BCP4: 80399600
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
Googled that and one person said some thing about ESET being a root cause. But no verification on this. So many people are having really similar problems. Also, alot of people are claiming its hard disk problems. Any ideas?
Running:
Vista Ultimate 86x
ASUS Striker Extreme
QX6700 Quadcore
XFX 9800gtx+
3x 1024mb OCZ PC2 8500 SLI Ready
WD 150gb raptor
WD 300gb
WD 500gb
Hitachi 500gb DS
OCZ 1040watt i think.
Pretty much it, do have a xfi fatality, but I took that out months ago, every time I had drivers for it installed, pc would BSOD... onboard sound works fine, I guesed it was a fault in the card, but now Im thinking it might be fine! Please be able to help some one... this sucks ass.
Also, one possible solution I found was disabling some ACPI thingy in device manager in safemode. Disable was greyed out, So i uninstalled it, was said it was a known problem that is with asus or some thing.

Last edited by aidentaz : 09-30-2008 at 04:51. Reason: add of information
Dwarf's Avatar

Location: Doncaster, UK
Dwarf is a jewel in the roughDwarf is a jewel in the roughDwarf is a jewel in the rough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Re: Daily BSOD's
Hi aidentaz,

The procedure that I follow when reinstalling Vista is detailed below.

1) Install Vista (obviously). If you are using RAID you may need to provide RAID drivers, otherwise the built-in Vista drivers should work fine.
2) Install SP1 - I recommend the standalone version (see link).
3) Install graphics and audio drivers. Also mouse and keyboard drivers, if applicable.
4) Install your Internet Security (IS) - only when this has been installed should you go online. Remember to update it.
5) Install all available Windows updates (except for the optional ones - these are usually for hardware devices and updates for these should be obtained from the relevant hardware manufacturer).
6) Scan your system with your IS.
7) Activate Vista.

I recommend that you create a disk with the latest drivers on it together with SP1. You can then use that disk during the installation process.
Dwarf

Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)
The Following User Says Thank You to Dwarf For This Useful Post: