Originally Posted by Hearsepilot
Oh i see, surely thats filled in by the windows installer as and when SP's are installed!
Here's how to change the "Windows edition" information in the system properties dialog box:
Here's what you need:
1) ResHacker (Google it)
2) Courage to tinker with your system files
Here's what you do:
1) After downloading ResHacker, open and run the program.
2) Once open, select FILE, then OPEN
3) Navigate to C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US
4) At this point you should be inside the "en-US" folder
5) Look for the "basebrd.dll.mui" file (if it does not appear, change the Type of Files option to "All files (*.*)"
6) Double-click or open the "basebrd.dll.mui" file"
7) Click the + symbol to expand the "String Table" folder
8) Click the + symbol to expand the "1" folder
9) Click on "1033" (the code will then appear on the right side of the window"
10) Simply edit the text as you desire, but don't get rid of the quotation marks. (I would only edit lines 11, 13, and 14... Editing lines 10, 12, 15, etc, doesn't do anything"
11) You'll notice that once you make a change or edit the text, the "Compile Script" box at the top makes itself "clickable." Therefore, once you completed typing in/editing the information, click on COMPILE SCRIPT once.
12) Finally, select FILE, then SAVE AS...
13) Navigate back to the same location of the original "basebrd.dll.mui" file and save over your original file (Using the same file name, extension, etc) (You might need to select to change the Type of Files to "All Files (*.*) as mentioned earlier.
****NOTE: If you are paranoid
about screwing something up, then make a backup copy of the "basebrd.dll.mui" file and save it to your desktop. You can put it back later if this hack does not have the effect you desire.
Thats it! Hope this was easy to follow.
WindowsVista=Better but with big bugs
Windows7=Better but with little bugs
Windows8=Best for now
But be on the lookout for WindowsXLR8=Cutting Edge (Sssshhhh! The revolution is coming!)
Good day guys!