Icons - blue box in bottom left hand corner

Windows Vista General

Rosebud is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Icons - blue box in bottom left hand corner
Hi. I'm new here so I hope I am posting this in the correct place. The problem I am having is that I recently noticed a change in my icons of files and pictures etc which appear in folders. From being just a small thumbnail of a picture for example I am now seeing a small blue box with two white arrowheads inside it on the left hand bottom corner of all document icons and picture icons.

Please can anyone tell me why this should be and how to get rid of it? I recently installed Norton 360 but that is the only change I have made to the system.

I hope I have managed to explain myself properly

Rosebud

softwarefarmer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Hi. I'm new here so I hope I am posting this in the correct place. The problem I am having is that I recently noticed a change in my icons of files and pictures etc which appear in folders. From being just a small thumbnail of a picture for example I am now seeing a small blue box with two white arrowheads inside it on the left hand bottom corner of all document icons and picture icons.

Please can anyone tell me why this should be and how to get rid of it? I recently installed Norton 360 but that is the only change I have made to the system.

I hope I have managed to explain myself properly

Rosebud
Did you ever resolve the "blue box" problem?

Rosebud is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blue box problem solved
Yes thank you I did ...apparently it is to do with Norton 360. The blue boxes with the two white chevrons in were indicators to show the backup status of folders and files. Once I turned off the automatic backup option in Norton the blue boxes went.

Rosebud

softwarefarmer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Blue box with white arrows overlay on icons
You are correct that the blue boxes are associated with Norton 360. Within the "settings" window under the section "Quick Controls" there is a check box for "Backup Status Indicators" - if you uncheck that box the icon overlays go away. You should be able to turn automatic backup on.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to softwarefarmer For This Useful Post:

Rosebud is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the solution to this problem!