Cannot sign in to hotmail in browser

Windows Vista General

Hopefloats is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannot sign in to hotmail in browser
Hello, I'm new to the site and hoping that someone can help me.

I searched the posts to see if I could find the answer first, but didn't see anything specific to my problem with Vista. I can sign into my hotmail.com account in a browser window on my xp, but not on my new laptop that has Vista. It's sort of frustrating at this point! It tells me that my password or user name is incorrect, when I know that it IS correct. I tried changing internet options to have less security on the sign-in page but to no avail.

I also read in many of the posts about Windows Mail, and I am not using that (as far as I know, anyway-never heard of it before reading the posts).

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Hopefloats,

please can you delete your internet cookies and try logon again.

To do this in Internet Explorer, from the menu select Tools then Delete Browsing History and then Delete All…

Let us know how you get on,

regards

Steve

Hopefloats is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Deleting browser history :(
Thank you so much for your reply! I followed the instructions (deleted all) and tried it again. Unfortunately I received the same error message.

Hopefloats is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem fixed!
In case anyone else has this problem, I have found a solution. Apparently it is not a Vista problem but an Internet Explorer problem. I can't figure out how to change IE, so I downloaded Firefox and can sign in to Hotmail with no problems.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Hopefloats,

thanks for getting back to us, glad you are sorted

regards

Steve