Unable to right click IE7 task button and close unless minimized.

Windows Vista Enterprise

Location: Canada
JBug is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unable to right click IE7 task button and close unless minimized.
Hello All,

This appears to be a great forum. I have somewhat of a stumper here. Has anyone come accross this?

Vista Enterprise with Office 2007 Enterprise. Installed on a x61 Tablet. I am unable to Right Click IE7 from the task bar and close, minimize, maximze the window. The only time close will work from there is if I minimize the window from the buttons at the top right of the window. Users and Administrators both have this limitation and the problem exists on all x61's I have.

Any suggestions about this would be a great help.

Thank you,
JBug

pm.telecom is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unable to right click IE7 task button and close unless minimized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBug View Post
Hello All,

This appears to be a great forum. I have somewhat of a stumper here. Has anyone come accross this?

Vista Enterprise with Office 2007 Enterprise. Installed on a x61 Tablet. I am unable to Right Click IE7 from the task bar and close, minimize, maximze the window. The only time close will work from there is if I minimize the window from the buttons at the top right of the window. Users and Administrators both have this limitation and the problem exists on all x61's I have.

Any suggestions about this would be a great help.

Thank you,
JBug

Hi there,
This issue is related to the following MS service :
TabletInputService

If you are not using any tablet, you might want to consider stopping the service. I still havent found any way to correct the problem and still get the tablet service running.. This is minor, but oh annoying.

PM

janu03 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unable to right click IE7 task button and close unless minimized.
The Taskbar button icon won't go away even when Messenger window is minimized. ... which does not show if user clicks on 'X' button to close the main window). ... Right click on the Windows Live Messenger shortcut or executable, .... i also recieved *unable to initialize* (unticking compatibility mode) was the only ...
cash now resume examples

kandymenla is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unable to right click IE7 task button and close unless minimized.
I have used it before,it is very easy to use and it give me a lot of help,thank you very much!