Join Date: Dec 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clickonce install fails on vista
We have a clickonce application running succesfully on Windows 2000 and XP machines.
We tried to install the application on Vista, on some machines it worked normally but few machines were not able to install it through IE 7.
When I click Install on publish.htm it throws following exception
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.0.6001.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.1434
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
* Installable application.
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of ****************** resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The operation completed successfully
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [11/19/2008 2:25:07 PM] : Activation of ******************************* has started.
* [11/19/2008 2:25:09 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [11/19/2008 2:25:09 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [11/19/2008 2:25:10 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [11/19/2008 2:25:12 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [11/19/2008 2:25:12 PM] System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
- The operation completed successfully
- Source: System.Windows.Forms
- Stack trace:
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Contr ol caller, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object args)
at System.Deployment.Application.UserInterface.ShowPr ogress(UserInterfaceInfo info)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
The machines which got it working and others which dont are having same configuration 32 bit with SP1 etc.
We tried to copy paste the installed folder from other machine on the vista machine and the application works fine. But it doesnt get installed from IE.
We are targating .Net framework 2.0 as a prerequisite
The vista machines have firefox ( probably ) we tried with them also but no luck.
Turning OFF the UAC was also not usefull.
Can someone please help on this issue?