Blue Screen of Death when connected to WiFi

Windows Vista Business

NickJJ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blue Screen of Death when connected to WiFi
I have a Dell Studio running Professional (64 bit) which I had upgraded from the original 23 bit installation and it has been running well for over a year. I just recently purchased an ipad and set that up with my Pc using itunes.

I have had itunes installed since I had the machine (when it was running 32 bit) and use it with my ipod. Initially I could not get itunes to work until I discovered a post that told me that there is a 64 bit version of itunes. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the 64 bit itunes and that was all working fine. (Why can't Apple tell you this, I am sure that itunes could detect the Win 7 version that is running and tell you to install the 64 bit version).

However over the last few days when I leave my machine on connected to the internet on WiFi it crashes usually within about 5-10 minutes. It works fine to start with allowing me to download e-mails browse the web and then it goes.

I notice that the CPU usage metre is constantly very high 90-100%

I found a reference on the web to problems with the Apple Bonjour service and to turn off the network adapotor power saver. I tried both of these but it continue to crash.

Finally I have various spyware / anti virus packages installed. McAfee is the main one but I have found that this does not find everything so I also have Malwarebytes and I had Spyware Doctor. Again all of these have been on the machine for sometime with no problems.

I have gone into programmes and Features and have started uninstalling programmes by latest install date and then switching back on to see if the problem is still there.

So far it seem to have been Spyware doctor (new version was downloaded only a couple of days ago) causing the problem has anyone else experienced this?