One User, out of three, cannot print to a shared Epson printer!

Windows Vista Business

jcraw74 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One User, out of three, cannot print to a shared Epson printer!
I am using a Vista Business 32-bit OS, setup with three Users (Admin, Staff Student). The latter two have limited privilages. Admin is the Administrator.

I recently connected (USB) an EPSON NX400, all-in-one printer as a stand-alone printer on one of the Vista computers, and all three users were able to print to the EPSON NX400.

I then shared the printer with another Vista Business computer sitting side-by-side the other Vista machine, with identical settings and Users, and was able to print to the EPSON NX400 only under Admin and Staff.

For some reason, the Student User on the second machine, cannot print. I tried adding the shared printer as a local printer-still the User Student cannot print to it.

I performed the same setup in two other classrooms that have identical computers, operating system, settings, Users, and EPSON printer.

I was able to print under all Users on the first machine (same as the first setup). The EPSON printers are using a USB cable. On the second Vista machine, in a shared environment, Admin and Staff print, but not the Student User.

Student and Staff Users both have Limited Accounts. However, I changed the account under Student to Administrator, to see what affect it would have, and Student User does not print.

It's as if there is a User limitation on that second Vista machine.

Question: Did I receive any erroe messages? On the very first Vista computer, I received, when trying to add the printer, error 0x0000052e. But I did not receive this error on the next two setup attempts.

When sharing, I basically mapped the path because the browse button would not open the connection listing the shared printer. This method worked under the Staff setup of adding a printer - so it should have worked when adding a printer under Student.

I have even setup a third computer (Windows XP Pro) to print to the shared printer within the same room without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.