Microsoft MVP Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Vista Business and Java
Let's see if updating Java helps:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.
- Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u11 allows end-users to run Java applications".
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- The page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u11-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 ~ 2009