Lost DLL files

Windows Vista Business

educe is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lost DLL files
Hello

Just bought a new PC, and it has preinstalled Vista, unfortunatly, before I managed to get antivirus installed, I got a virus, this virus infected a dll file, and thus the antivirus deleted that file, Everytime I boot up now, I get the missing dll file dialog.

The DLL file is
ssbricks.dll or sssbribkcs.dll

Without having to reinstall, how do I get the file again?

Regards
Educe
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: Lost DLL files
Hi educe,

you may have to a system restore to get the DLL back.

See Using System Restore from the Vista Windows Recovery Environment for more info on how to do it,

regards

Steve

educe is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lost DLL files
Yeah i though about that, but I really would like to avoid that, because if I do that, i might as well just reinstall everything, as I would have to install all my programs again.

Why doesnt MS just put those blasted dll-files online.

:/
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: Lost DLL files
Hi educe,

lets try the System File Checker. It will replace any corrupted files.

Please see John Barnett's Windows Vista Support: Syste File Checker (SFC) for more info on SFC and how to run it,

regards

Steve

educe is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lost DLL files
brilliant that appears to have done the trick, thanks

Atleast I havent been informed of any missing dlls the last few times I've booted
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: Lost DLL files
Hi educe,

thats great news indeed

Thanks very much for getting back to us,

regards

Steve