Initial session process terminated - HELP

Windows Vista Business

BTIP's Avatar

BTIP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Initial session process terminated - HELP
I have a clean build, all Vista certified.

I receive the below error every time I turn the system on. Vista will load and come up if the unit has been off for awhile, but will completely shut down unexpectedly and abruptly when I haved tried to do things like load drivers or software.

The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x0000001 0x000037c).

Please help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
Hi BTIP,

love the avatar..

Can you note the time this error occurs.

Then the next time you can get into Vista for even a minute please post the errors that appear in the Event Viewer around the time it crashed.

See Windows Vista Event Viewer

Post any errors that appear.

Another thing might be to check you RAM. See Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Let us know how you get on,

regards

Steve
BTIP's Avatar

BTIP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
Thanks Steve.

here is what I copied from that window;

BCCode: c000021a
BCP1: 92241C48
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: c0000001
BCP4: 0010037c
OS 6_0_6000.2.0.0.256.6
Service Pack0_0
Product 256_1
I have been able to begin the process of Windows updates and it just shuts off in the middle, so some updates have been applied and some have not. I have not run a separate memory test and will do so when I get home.

Gratefully........
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
Hi BTIP,

can you post a few specs on your pc, Motherboard, Chipset, Graphics Card..etc..

Thanks,

regards

Steve
BTIP's Avatar

BTIP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 01G-P2-N793-LR GeForce 8500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16

pqi POWER Series 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (X4)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

All of the above are new, out of the box parts.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
Hi BTIP,

just wondering if you did a MEMTEST.

Also I am wondering if you tried to install the latest GeForce 8500 drivers from the Nvidia site?

regards

Steve

mikesg is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hi BTIP,

just wondering if you did a MEMTEST.

Also I am wondering if you tried to install the latest GeForce 8500 drivers from the Nvidia site?

regards

Steve
I hate googling for a computer issue and find the exact quote in the google link which contains my exact problem, only to find that the B-Hole who started the darn thread never returns.
BTIP's Avatar

BTIP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesg View Post
I hate googling for a computer issue and find the exact quote in the google link which contains my exact problem, only to find that the B-Hole who started the darn thread never returns.
Wow! Pretty strong.
BTIP's Avatar

BTIP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
The problem ended up being heat. My aftermarket fan was not turning fast enough to cool the CPU, so the system simply shut itself down.

I hope that this helps

mikesg is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Initial session process terminated - HELP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTIP View Post
The problem ended up being heat. My aftermarket fan was not turning fast enough to cool the CPU, so the system simply shut itself down.

I hope that this helps
Thanks for your response. I will check and verify that the fan is working properly.