Installation server not responding

Windows Vista Business

eliakel is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Installation server not responding
Hi All,

I installed yesterday on my laptop (Vista Business) Nero 7 with its suite and it created a number of issues (program does not start if invoked, Windows explorer hangs, etc...).
I tried to uninstall it thorugh Control Pannel and waited for over 20 mins with the message "Preparing to install" and finally got "Installation Server Not Responding"!!
I tried several times and got the same result.
The program is still on my pc. I cannot get rid of it and it is causing my pc to become sluggish, unstable and behave in a weird fashion.
Any ideas?

Thx
eliakel

eliakel is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Installation server not responding
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliakel View Post
Hi All,

I installed yesterday on my laptop (Vista Business) Nero 7 with its suite and it created a number of issues (program does not start if invoked, Windows explorer hangs, etc...).
I tried to uninstall it thorugh Control Pannel and waited for over 20 mins with the message "Preparing to install" and finally got "Installation Server Not Responding"!!
I tried several times and got the same result.
The program is still on my pc. I cannot get rid of it and it is causing my pc to become sluggish, unstable and behave in a weird fashion.
Any ideas?

Thx
eliakel
Hi All,
I have also tried to shutdown and restart then uninstall:
My laptop did not gracefully shutdown. It hanged indefinitely until i forced it by powering it down. I then restarted and tried to uninstall using Control Pannel.
After launching the uninstall I received the message that the system is "preparing installation" then after 10-20 minutes of hanging I received the same "Installtion server not responding".
More curious is that I also tried the shutdown/restart and then insert the Nero CD to uninistall but it would not Autorun. I tried to browse the CD contents through the Windows Explorer, it would also freeze and I need to force Windows Explorer to stop and restart.
There is no way to remove Nero. I am stuck. My system is unstable and I have no idea on how to resolve this.
Pls help.
Thx

eliakel is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Installation server not responding
Hi,

I was able to resolve my problem by downloading from Nero the clean tool for your version of Nero:

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-cleantools.html

This will resolve it. You can alternately use any of the below procedures (which I did not try):

1. Stop/disable any Nero services.

Start Orb>Search box>type: services - When Services appears in the Results above, right-click it and choose "Run as administrator", OKing any UAC prompts. Only stop/disable services that you are sure belong to Nero! Also use msconfig to stop any Nero programs from starting with Windows.

Start Orb>Start Search box>type:msconfig - If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab. You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

Then reboot so none of the Nero stuff is running.

2. Try and uninstall using the Nero CD again.

3. If that still doesn't work, try and uninstall Nero in Safe Mode.

4. Still no good? Try a System Restore to before you tried to install Nero.
To run System Restore, Start Orb>Search box>type: System Restore. System Restore will appear in the Results above. Click on it, allow the UAC prompt, and follow the wizard.

Rgds, eliakel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELondeau View Post
Same is the case with me and i haven't found no solution up till now can anyone be of help?

thanks,
E Londeau!

________
Inbound Call center services