error 1303 the installer has insufficient pri

Windows Vista Business

Silverfoxqc is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
error 1303 the installer has insufficient pri
Hi

I have this error when i try to install adobe product like adobe reader or photoshop.

error 1303 the installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory

C:/programdata/adobe/zcrobat/7.0 .....

But i have admin access it a stand alone pc

Afther installation i create an other account with the admin access but it still doesnt work, i try to add accexx to this directory but it doesnt work

What can i do to recreate an account with all access??????

Thank you

BrianBruce is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you tried running the installer as an administrator? right click the icon and "run as administrator" is by the top. Sometimes older programs confuse the os and it defaults to "insufficient privledges".

If you want an account that UAC does not ask for privledges, you could enable the built-in administrator account.
right-click computer and click manage
expand local users and groups
click users
double click administrator
clear the disabled checkbox
click ok
right-click administrator
click "set password"
click ok then enter a password

This account bypasses uac and should give you any access you need.
Hope this helps
__________________
Brian Bruce
MCTS-Vista

"No great man live in vain. History is but the biographies of great men."

JasonBoyda is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: error 1303 the installer has insufficient pri
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBruce View Post
Have you tried running the installer as an administrator? right click the icon and "run as administrator" is by the top. Sometimes older programs confuse the os and it defaults to "insufficient privledges".

If you want an account that UAC does not ask for privledges, you could enable the built-in administrator account.
right-click computer and click manage
expand local users and groups
click users
double click administrator
clear the disabled checkbox
click ok
right-click administrator
click "set password"
click ok then enter a password

This account bypasses uac and should give you any access you need.
Hope this helps

Hello,

When I right-click on my computer and select manage, the window pops up to manage it. However, I can't seem to find where the "expand local users and groups" is. I would appreciate it if you could help me. Also I'd prefer it if you were to send me an email with your response, as it will be much easier for me to refer from.

Thanks again,
Jason Boyda

drjonny is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: error 1303 the installer has insufficient pri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfoxqc View Post
Hi

I have this error when i try to install adobe product like adobe reader or photoshop.

error 1303 the installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory

C:/programdata/adobe/zcrobat/7.0 .....

But i have admin access it a stand alone pc

Afther installation i create an other account with the admin access but it still doesnt work, i try to add accexx to this directory but it doesnt work

What can i do to recreate an account with all access??????

Thank you
I had similar problems installing a valid version of MS office Home and Student 2007 with error 1303. No matter what I tried, I had no ability to change access/permissions to change ownership of the necessary folder C:\programfiles (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\equation\1033. I tried a plug in reg program "GrantAdminFullControl" which was useless, and about 3 hours of google searching for solutions. Lots of reference to ms forum which says to simply change ownership/access control, which is all well and good if you can do it, which is typically not able (thus the original problem). This new windows 7 home premium (64-bit) pc came preloaded with ms works, so I thought the original ownership was microsofts. Thinking I was smarter than the average bear, I opened control panel, programs and uninstalled ms works, as a hunch....uninstalled fine, but still no access to change my single login admin to change folder permissions. So I finally figured it out....

Reboot into safe mode in any way possible (networking, prompt, etc). Once in safe mode, go to the folder that is causing you the hassle, in my case it is listed above. Once you are at the folder, right click and go to properties, get into the administrative folder for security and edit the permissions. In safe mode I was able to take over full controls of all settings. Click apply, then ok then close the folder. Reboot normally, and you should (might!) have found the program now installs without the permission problem of your install folder. Let me know if it works for you.

DrJonny, 7/19/10

JohnAlex is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Error1303 win 7
Hello,

I read your post and really you have done a great job this is the best way to fix
error 1303 window 7 but i have something to recommend you to same fixing of these type of errors someone recommend me to visit Fix Error 1303 this site when i visit this it attract me and i get all that fixing tools which i want to find from this site its really good for my PC i hope you also check this and get good benefit.

Thanks

Location: USA
Elandrew is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Error1303 win 7
Have you tried operating the installation software as a master user or an administrator? Simply just select the icon and "run as administrator" is by the top. Sometimes mature applications mix up the os and it's non-payments to "insufficient privileges".
`-*`-*`-*`-* Elandrew

Location: USA
Elandrew is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Error1303 win 7
Simply just enter the operating system by just entering the user name and password as an Administrator and you may change anything according to your needs and may install and uninstall the programs if you would like to .
`-*`-*`-*`-* Elandrew