How to turn off: Do you really want to run this application?

Windows Vista Business

give.away is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to turn off: Do you really want to run this application?
Greetings!

Problem: Everytime I want to run certain applications, Vista asks me, if I really want to run them. Even though I un-ticked the box "always ask", it keeps asking.

Solutions?

Thanks in advance.
GA
Xenomorph's Avatar

Location: Haha, Nice try
Xenomorph will become famous soon enoughXenomorph will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clarify, please! Does this happen whenever you try to run an application from the desktop, or through an internet browser's "Downloads" Pop-up.

Try turning off User Account Control (UAC) and reboot your PC. Should work if this happens every time you try.
__________________
Nothing Like Having a Facehugger on Your Face

give.away is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the answer.

The application is downloaded from the web, but I unzipped it and put a shortcut on the desktop (i. e. there was no install-routine, I did this manually - and I don't run it through a browser), but it keeps asking.

I managed to turn the dialog off by changing my user rights. But I don't want to do this for every other application, especially if the dialog theoretically allows me to turn it off by ticking the checkbox (which is the actually problem: ticking the checkbox has no effect neither as user nor as admin).

Thanks in advance.
GA
Xenomorph's Avatar

Location: Haha, Nice try
Xenomorph will become famous soon enoughXenomorph will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All right, I need a screenshot, or a picture of the dialog box, so that I can see exactly what you are dealing with here.

That way I can determine what exactly this dialog box is.
__________________
Nothing Like Having a Facehugger on Your Face

give.away is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I found a similar dialog on the web:

I unticked the checkbox, but it asked nevertheless.

BrianBruce is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not sure about this, but check your local security policy.

control panel>systemand maintenance>administrative tools>local security policy>security options>system settings:use certificate rules on windows executables for software restriction policies

Make sure this is set to disabled. The attached screenshot shows the security screen.
Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Local Security Policy.jpg (72.9 KB, 4 views)