Remote Control Desktop RunTime Error 429

Windows Vista Business

ConnieHannah is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Remote Control Desktop RunTime Error 429
I am connected to my host computer from my client computer. I can see the host and access it's files but when I try to run a program I get a run time error 429 and I cannot run the program remotely. The host is running Windows XP Professional and the client is running Winda Vista Business. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Connie
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Connie,

a few questions for ya...

what program are you trying to run remotely?

Has this problem happened just recently?

Were you able to run the program before remotely?

regards

Steve

ConnieHannah is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Steve:

Maybe I don't understand how this works. I thought I could connect to my office computer and run it from my laptop as if I was sitting at my office? This is all new to me. I just got a laptop with the idea that I could work from home.
When I take my laptop to the office and connect to the office network I can run my office computer from my laptop. I see the exact same desktop and programs run on my laptop as if I am sitting at my office computer.
But I can't seem to connect the same way when I am at home. I can connect to the office network but when I try to run a program I get the 429 run time error.

Connie
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Connie,

do you use Remote Desktop when you are in work?

regards

Steve

ConnieHannah is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steve:
No I don't usually work remotely in the office. But I took my laptop to work to try it out. It works awesome when I am connected to the office network. But I get the 429 Run time error when I try to run it from home.

curly33 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did a quick search for the error you listed and found the following. You might want to see if the information provided on the following page can help you. You receive run-time error 429 when you automate Office applications

The first things that came to mind aftrer reading the thread was, what connection spead are you using when you remote connect... When you use remote connect go to options, and select the experience tab, there are soem settings there that you can play with that may help out. The second thing I was wondering was are you connecting througa firewall using VPN? Since you can see and do everything from the office with the Vista laptop, I'm thinking that it is because you are directly connected to the netwrok, howeverfrom hme what are you ding to connect to this network...

Hope some of this can help or at least point you I the right direction.

Curly.