Microsoft word stopped working

Windows Vista Business

GIA GIA is offline

GIA is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Microsoft word stopped working
Wondering if anyone has solution for proplem where when opening word 2007 the error message comes up "Microsoft word has stopped working" then tries to find a solution, which never happens then the error message comes up cannot find file, did I spell it right.
These are files I use everyday and only started happening about 1 week ago.
It happens randomly, but with increasing frequency. Short term cure to re-boot.
HELP!
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi GIA,

if it only startd happening a week ago I would do a System Restore to date just before it started to happen.... see Windows Vista System Restore Guide

Tell us how you get on,

regards

Steve

69Vette is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Microsoft word stopped working
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIA View Post
Wondering if anyone has solution for proplem where when opening word 2007 the error message comes up "Microsoft word has stopped working" then tries to find a solution, which never happens then the error message comes up cannot find file, did I spell it right.
These are files I use everyday and only started happening about 1 week ago.
It happens randomly, but with increasing frequency. Short term cure to re-boot.
HELP!
I haven't seen anyone else post the solution to this. I just did this and it worked! This was driving me nuts.

To resolve this problem, delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data registry subkey. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Exit all Office programs.
2. Click Start
Collapse this imageExpand this image
the Start button
, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

Collapse this imageExpand this image
User Account Control permission
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data
4. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
5. Exit Registry Editor.
6. Restart Word.

Microsoft offers FixIt that can probably do this for you as well. Microsoft Fix It 50204

cnote1908 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Microsoft word stopped working
This worked thank you so much! My tecnical support at Dell tried to charge me $150 to solve this issue. Thanks again!!!

[/u]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Vette View Post
[...]

Originally Posted by cnote1908 View Post
This worked thank you so much! My tecnical support at Dell tried to charge me $150 to solve this issue. Thanks again!!!

[/u]
You are very welcome. I have learned so much from online forums and am happy that I could "pay it forward". Good luck!

ssanchez56 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Microsoft word stopped working
This worked for me too. Thank you so much.

69Vette is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Microsoft word stopped working
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanchez56 View Post
This worked for me too. Thank you so much.
My Pleasure!

jamesgilee is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Microsoft word stopped working
By seeing your question, I peeped into your discussion. It helped me a lot guys. Thanks for sharing with us.
__________________
need polo printing

preshawpete is on a distinguished road
[...]

Thank you very much - it worked for me too after months and months trying and uninstall/reinstall - I love you xxx!

michelwillies is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Microsoft word stopped working
Any error would be created in micro soft so stopped work in micro soft word thus we will be solved this problem like we click control panel then add remove program option clicked thus opened software list. we will be clicked micro soft office option select then repair option select thus repair micro soft error and quickly worked in micro soft word.
micro usb charger