Pioneer DVR-710 / DVR-111 locks up Vista

Windows Vista Business

ronniepitt is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pioneer DVR-710 / DVR-111 locks up Vista
I have updated the firmware for this DVR but it still causes Vista to freeze and lockup when I insert a disc of any kind. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a remedy? I just purchased this device so I hate to trash it already.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
hi ronnie,

are there any errors in the event viewer or anywhere else?
How does the device look in Device Manager, does it look normal like everything else or does it have an exclamation beside it?

regards

Steve

ronniepitt is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pioneer DVR-710 / DVR-111 locks up Vista.........or Not!
Well, it looks like maybe I have other problems.....I disconnected the drive and when I went to bootup I get a black screen with this message across the screen in bold type with a red background:

YOU HAVE NOT CONNECTED THE POWER EXTENSION CABLE TO YOUR RADEON 9800 VIDEO CARD. PLEASE REFER TO THE "GETTING STARTED GUIDE" FOR PROPER HARDWARE INSTALLATION.

This is not true since the cable has been connected since I first built the system months ago. I'm beginning to think I might have a bad Vista Business Upgrade install. The machine worked flawlessly, (even with the drive in question), when XP Pro was on it.

Thanks,
Ronnie
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Ronnie,

sounds bad indeed..

First of all please unplug ALL of you cables. Make a note of what cable goes where. Replug all your cables where they origanlly came from. Give the connectors and sockets a quick blow just in case there is some dust lying around since XP. Give it close attention and if it still does not work then we know for sure.

Can you boot into safe mode? Getting into Windows Safe Mode

regards

Steve