Windows Features

Windows Vista Business

bernascone is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows Features
I am now unable to turn these on or off (UAC is turned off) each time I try to say add faxing I get an error message "an error has occured, features not changed"

Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 177 Times in 45 Posts
Hi bernascone,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier

What other features does this happen with.

I know there is no FAX capability installable within Vista. You will need a Third Party fax software and then Vista can enable faxing vis the features.

regards

Steve

bernascone is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hi bernascone,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier

What other features does this happen with.

I know there is no FAX capability installable within Vista. You will need a Third Party fax software and then Vista can enable faxing vis the features.

regards

Steve
Hi Steve

Yes, sorry to disagree but Vista Business comes with "Fax & Scan" within "Add/Remove Vista Features"

The problem I have is that I am unable to add/remove any `features` a this seems to have been corupted

I have found a third party fax program `Snappy Fax` which has many more options than thw Windows version. WinFax by Symantec will not run with Vista even in XP mode, and Symantec are no longer supporting this program

Thanks for you reply

Adrian (Bernascone)
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 177 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Adrian,

I am a silly billy , thought i was in home premium...

Have you seen this MS article The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you receive an error message that includes the following code when you try to use Windows Update: "0x80073712"

If this doesnt work try doing a repair of Vista as seen here How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair

regards

Steve