Cannot enable sound card

Sound Cards & Speakers

monalisa is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannot enable sound card
I was trying to make a microphone work and disabled my sound card by accident. Now I can't get it enabled again and, as a result, cannot use my recording device that converts LP to digital. If I right click it only gives me a "disable" option. If I double click it I get a box that lets me hit "enable this device" but that doesn't seem to do anything, since it shows it as "currently unavailable" when I return to the original screen. Help!

Maureen46 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cannot enable sound card
Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
I was trying to make a microphone work and disabled my sound card by accident. Now I can't get it enabled again and, as a result, cannot use my recording device that converts LP to digital. If I right click it only gives me a "disable" option. If I double click it I get a box that lets me hit "enable this device" but that doesn't seem to do anything, since it shows it as "currently unavailable" when I return to the original screen. Help!
Hello Monalisa! I am having the same problem? This is the 1st time I have used a forum, but I wanted to know if you ever got an answer to your problem? I disabled my default sound device (Realtek), as well as my headphones!! Thanks for any help you can offer

jimclemmer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cannot enable sound card
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen46 View Post
Hello Monalisa! I am having the same problem? This is the 1st time I have used a forum, but I wanted to know if you ever got an answer to your problem? I disabled my default sound device (Realtek), as well as my headphones!! Thanks for any help you can offer
Hello
I think, the problem was occurred at drivers installation time so i suggest you to reinstall drivers

Regards
Jim Clemmer
__________________
Draining Water Heater Winter

Maureen46 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cannot enable sound card
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclemmer View Post
Hello
I think, the problem was occurred at drivers installation time so i suggest you to reinstall drivers

Regards
Jim Clemmer

Thank you, Jim! This is exactly what I did, a day after I posted my problem a month ago and it worked Yes, this is the first time I have used a forum and unless one can find answers with a browse, it takes too long to get a reply from someone I thank you for your answer, though Maureen