Wave Out is missing

Sound Cards & Speakers

Dcezy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wave Out is missing
First off i have Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec that i got with my new sony vaio laptop model: vgn-ar550e with vista and i want to record streaming audio like i did on xp. My problem is actually two things but one more serious to me. The 1st is the is no wave out control and wen trying to record streaming audio playback is at an extremely low volume close to a dog whistle Even after showing disabled devices under the recording tab all i have is the microphone under that tab. So what do i have to do to control the wave volume? Is it possible to take the winXP sndvol32.exe and put it on vista so i would have the same controls. I have the latest driver but im also wondering if ther is some edited version of the driver to enable the wave out controls. The second problem is that i only get one speaker recording out of the mic and that same mic worked fine and played out of both speakers on xp. Ive searched everywhere for any answer. please if anyone has a clue on how to get this to work it would be greatly appreciated to me and many others with same problem. ty
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Dcezy,

what version is your Audio Drivers? The latest for your Laptop is 6.10.5614.0

If you have the latest version you could also try and put on the original version download from the Sony Support Site.

Also make sure that all your motherboard drivers are up to date.

Does your Laptop have a TV Tuner?

What software are you using to record sound?

regards

Steve