Explorer.exe Class not Registered

Software Problems

raiden1701 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Explorer.exe Class not Registered
Lots of people have had this problem but nothing I have found has fixed it in any way.

I am trying to fix a friends laptop. She has Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I'm not sure if she has any service packs or what but she was updating and the laptop got stuck in an update loop saying Stage 3 of 3 - 0% then rebooting and repeating forever. I fixed that by doing this:

Use the System Recovery options to rename the Pending.xml file and edit
the registry:

On the System Recovery Options page, click Command Prompt.

Type cd C:\windows\winsxs, and then press ENTER.

Type ren pending.xml pending.old, and then press ENTER.

Type regedit, and then press ENTER.

Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

On the File menu, click Load Hive.

Locate the following folder:

C:\windows\system32\config\components

When you are prompted for a name, type Offline_Components.

In Registry Editor, locate and then delete the following registry
subkey:

HLKM\Offline Components\AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving

HKLM\Offline Components\PendingXmlIdentifier

Exit Registry Editor:

At the command prompt, type exit to exit Registry Editor.

Press ENTER.

Click Restart.

Then I was able to get into Vista and ran "sfc /scannow" which didn't find or do anything. The error "iertutil.dll was not found" comes up at the start and "ExplorerFrame.dll not found".. Everytime I try to run anything at all, I get the "explorer.exe class not registered" error. So I used a live boot CD and copied over the "explorerframe.dll & iertul.dll which gave me another error "the ordinal (number) could not be located in the dynamic link library ......dll" and I still have the "class not registered" error for EVERYTHING!!! Safe Mode runs but it's the same error. Is there anything I can do for this?

I only need Vista to run for awhile while I get my stuff off there, then I'm reformatting and reinstalling.

chrisgayle is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Explorer.exe Class not Registered
When booting up your computer do the following.
1.Open task manager
2.Kill “explorer.exe” from process list
3.Go to file > new task > launch “explorer.exe”.
But you have to do this every time you reboot your computer.
__________________
USB hard drive | Private cloud

LauraArnold is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Explorer.exe Class not Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris***le View Post
When booting up your computer do the following.
1.Open task manager
2.Kill “explorer.exe” from process list
3.Go to file > new task > launch “explorer.exe”.
But you have to do this every time you reboot your computer.
I have done that and it still doesn't stay on, I try to install the new printer and I can't get it to install. I have even tried a manual clean by taking out the registry aspects that were directing the spooler to a specific old printer. Do you have any other suggestions? Is there a way to manually install the spooler function from a disc or utility? If not I feel I am going to have to wipe out windows completely to fix it with a brand new install of windoes 7. Please get back to me asap.

free software download