I need help with my Laptop!! (BSOD)

Software Problems

DezzyStar112 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need help with my Laptop!! (BSOD)
Ok, I just recently started getting the blue screen of death and at first I thought it was because of a virus, so I scanned my laptop with the best software I could find and found about three trojans and went through the whole process to get rid of them. I thought the problem was over, but I was wrong I looked for every possible solution and couldn't find any... I'm really hoping that someone can help me figure this out, so please respond...

Here's some info about the problem:

It's running on windows 7 ultimate (I know this is a vista forum, but I'm desperate)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 82CBF3E1
BCP3: 8A31FB50
BCP4: 8A31F730
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\041811-49811-01.dmp
C:\Users\Computer\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-85644-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

It usually happens when I wake it up from sleeping or when it gets a bit hot (I have to keep a fan under it just about all the time now) and this wasn't a problem before... One time I also got a small blackout and a notification at the bottom right corner said something about "NVIDIA has stopped working but recovered" I feel that this things are all inter-related. Anyway, please help out.

Thanks,
Dezzystar112

Location: Calgary
Jim.R is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I need help with my Laptop!! (BSOD)
You haven't given anyone enough information to go on here.

BSOD stop error 1000007e is associated with many other things.

I'm guessing you only copied the event log entry and posted it here.

In control panel / system / Advanced System Properties / Advanced TAB / Startup and Recovery settings button, you need to uncheck auto restart to be able to see the actual blue screen error, otherwise the computer restarts before you can read it. There should be additional information on the blue screen. You will have to write it all down.

Also, you do not mention what laptop you have. Individual machines often have issues unique to their own computer "DNA" (make&model/options etc) not to mention proprietary drivers etc.

Since you mentioned Nvidia, I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia drivers were involved. I have personally had issues with Nvidia drivers in the past.

Blue screens can only be produced with software that has "ring zero" access to the OS. Drivers for your hardware have this access via the RAM in your computer so Defective memory modules is a common problem when the memory incorrectly feeds wrong driver data to be processed; also, corrupted or incorrect driver files which also may be mentioned on the blue screen.

Jim

germancruz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts