System Freezing, Shut downs, and Glitches Help!

Software Problems

shadowlupen is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
System Freezing, Shut downs, and Glitches Help!
Since Yesterday I noticed some minor problems with my computer but Until today did I notice how severe they were.

I'll explain everything so maybe someone can help me.

I just got a Generic Wifi Link for the nintendo DS. It had a website to download the drivers for it. The site was Driver Download Site and I downloaded the 2nd driver which is the Nintendo DS wifi driver. Tried to install it, driver didn't really work. Uninstalled and tried again, Plugged in the Wifi Link (usb) Computer blacked out (IE: went totally black instantly and shut off). Decided not to keep wifi link, deleted files for driver setup (can't find to uninstall). No more problems for the rest of the day.

Today I got A disney Flix mini camcorder. It came with a disc to install the video editing program and the drivers for the camera to connect via usb. When it got to the driver section of the installation Windows security pops up with the "We don't know who made the files, Install driver anyway?" And if I go to click yes, the security window freezes and wont respond. So I close it out and installation is incomplete because the driver's haven't been installed (the program was though). So I went and uninstalled and tried again several times but each time I got that error. I tried disabling the security center while I installed and it almost did it but then the error popped up at the last moment. I re-enabled the security center and gave up on the camera.

Randomly today, the computer Blacks out again. I tried to turn it back on and durring start up, it went to this black screen that showed the files the computer was loading and then froze. I turned it off and turned it back on and I got the computer asking to run Startup Repair. So I ran it, it said it fixed and then froze. SOOOO I restarted and it prompted repair again. Repair started and took a long time so I canceled and computer started normally.

I ran Spyware doctor to see if there were any viruses or bad files and I had over 500 items to delete but it said the threat was low. When I hit "Fix" on spyware doctor, everything but the window for spyware doctor, my mouse, and desktop background dissapeared. Right click didn't work, Ctl alt Del didn't work, Nothing worked and there was no start menu or task bar. So I restarted and computer was ok.

I did some research and i'm currently running a SFC scan and I'm backing all files to an external hard drive. I looked in the "event viewer" and it has A LOT of errors and warnings that all happened just today. I have no idea what the event viewer is or how it works or how exactly I fix the errors. But I know they are there.

So if someone could please help me with this that would be wonderful. I don't wanna lose my laptop

Oh also for the longest time I've had this error at startup: "Run DLL: C:\\Windows\enifaripec.dll Not Found"
If anyone knows how to fix that too, that'd be great.

Last edited by shadowlupen : 01-23-2010 at 07:22.