Join Date: Jan 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista crippled - Stop 7e - badpatch
This is a standard issue Dell Inspiron 531 (AMD) with factory installed Vista Home Premium.
- It keeps rebooting to a blue screen with Stop 0x0000007e 0xc0000005.
- Windows repair fails with Sig05 and Sig06 indicating BadPatch.
- It won't boot to safe mode.
- System Restore has no restore points.
- The memory diagnostic tools finds no hardware errors.
- Chkdsk /f /r finds no issues.
This sequence of events led up to the problem.
1. Deinstall of timed out McAfee. Reboot
2. Install + update of Microsoft Security Essentials. Reboot
3. Full scan of system - no issues found
4. OK to installing auto downloaded SP2 via yellow security badge.
5. SP2 install completed successfully.
Faced with this on subsequent boot ups.
Don't know where to go with this. Has anyone got any ideas? Can the SP2 install be reversed from the command prompt?