Multiple unrelated? problems

Software Problems

Location: Sparks NV
dickinsonc is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Multiple unrelated? problems
OK... This has got to be a Virus or ?? (but so far the virus scan hasn't found it). A lot of seemingly unrelated problems but... the one that gets me is that certain websites won't connect (in either explorer of foxfire) and when I tried to do a search on microsoft... it shuts down the internet connection (which leads me to believe a virus).
What started this was all the icons disappearing from the desktop (as well as the sidebar) The clock on the sidebar had been losing time for the past couple of weeks. Found the "show icons" unchecked & got back icons. Sidebar gadgets gone. Next, found RAID was not working. Checking found "drivers failed to load" Trying to load drivers again produced a "hardware does not support" error msg (which is odd seeing how the raid had been working since day 1). On boot, windows defender shows a "fail to initialize" error msg, yet checking in the security center shows its green (and OK I guess). I can't see this string of events as coincidence... any thoughts on what might be blowing its dress up?
Gurra's Avatar

Gurra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Multiple unrelated? problems
Do you have access to a working computer? Try downloading and burning a bootable antivirus CD such as the Avira AntiVir Rescue System and scan your system with it.
/Gurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****insonc View Post