Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden

Software Problems

roger1954 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden
Hallo,
Als ik wil een programma downloaden, de volgende tekst verschijnt "Windows Media Player 2 werkt niet.

Wat kan het probleem?

Ik werk met Vista Home-versie

Gegroet,

roger1954
Gurra's Avatar

Gurra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden
Hi,
It sounds like you are either downloading something that is associated with Windows media player, such as a video or audio file and windows media player isn't working correctly, or windows media player has been associated with a file type it cannot handle.
Is Windows Media player working. Can you play back video and audio files from your hard disk?
What are you trying to download?
/Gurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1954 View Post
Hallo,
Als ik wil een programma downloaden, de volgende tekst verschijnt "Windows Media Player 2 werkt niet.

Wat kan het probleem?

Ik werk met Vista Home-versie

Gegroet,

roger1954

roger1954 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden
[QUOTE = Gurra; 1631680] Hallo,
Het klinkt alsof je ofwel iets dat wordt geassocieerd met Windows media player, zoals een video-of audiobestand en Windows Media Player downloaden is niet goed werkt, of Windows Media Player is gepaard gegaan met een bestandstype niet kan verwerken.
Is Windows Media Player werkt. Kunt u het afspelen van video en audio bestanden van uw harde schijf?
Wat probeer je te downloaden?
/ Gurra [/ QUOTE]

Hey Gurra,
Thanks for answering my question. The problems with the error "mediaplayer 2 doesn't work" appears when I wanted to install a program that I download from internet. I tried different programs, and every time I receive the error that "mediaplayer 2 didn't work".

greetings,

roger1954
Gurra's Avatar

Gurra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden
Hi Roger,
Have you stored these downloaded programs on your hard drive and are you executing them from the hard drive?
How far does the install process progress until you get the error message? Is it instantaneous or do you get some dialogs on the screen before the error message?
Do these programs all use the windows installer or some other common installer?
Is this the only type of activity that is failing on your system?
"Mediaplayer 2" doesn't sound like Windows Media Player. Have you installed an application called mediaplayer 2 in the past, and/or is it listed in control panel (classic view) - programs and features?
[...]

Originally Posted by Gurra View Post
Hi Roger,
Have you stored these downloaded programs on your hard drive and are you executing them from the hard drive?
How far does the install process progress until you get the error message? Is it instantaneous or do you get some dialogs on the screen before the error message?
Do these programs all use the windows installer or some other common installer?
Is this the only type of activity that is failing on your system?
"Mediaplayer 2" doesn't sound like Windows Media Player. Have you installed an application called mediaplayer 2 in the past, and/or is it listed in control panel (classic view) - programs and features?
/Gurra
Hi Gurra,

It is only when I download a program and the only problem for te moment on my pc.

grtz

roger1954
Gurra's Avatar

Gurra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden
Ok. Are you using Internet Explorer 8.0 to download or something else?
/Gurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1954 View Post
Hi Gurra,

It is only when I download a program and the only problem for te moment on my pc.

grtz

roger1954

roger1954 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurra View Post
Ok. Are you using Internet Explorer 8.0 to download or something else?
/Gurra
Hallo Gurra,
Yes, I'am using internet explorer 8.0.
And the problem is when I want to download a program on my computer, something like Post-It to use on my desktop.
grtz
roger1954
Gurra's Avatar

Gurra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden
Can you describe the dialogs you see after you click on the download link?
Are you able to right click on the download link and choose "save target as"?
/Gurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1954 View Post
Hallo Gurra,
Yes, I'am using internet explorer 8.0.
And the problem is when I want to download a program on my computer, something like Post-It to use on my desktop.
grtz
roger1954

roger1954 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with downloading / probleem met downloaden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurra View Post
Can you describe the dialogs you see after you click on the download link?
Are you able to right click on the download link and choose "save target as"?
/Gurra
Hallo Gurra,
This morning I tried again to install Post-It Notes and no problem.
How this is possible ???
If there are still problems with other downloads I contact vistaheads forum again.
thanks.

roger1954