vista service pack 3 - won't boot up

Software Problems

switters is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vista service pack 3 - won't boot up
I have looked through a few forums and it seems many people are having issues with Service pack 3. My pc has been trying to auto update service pack three for a while and continued to fail, so I thought I would maually run the update. I did so, and now my pc will not boot up.

It begins to boot, and once the files start scrolling down the black screen, it hangs and gives a message (I do not have the complete message) such as
!! 0vc0000 !! (_000000000000.cdf) 142/59342 and will not progress.

I loaded my Vista disc and booted from the disk, and the automatic repair will not work, I cannot do a system restore, and I cannot boot in safe mode in any form.

After attempting the auto repair, it lists that is a driver error. I tried reinstalling drivers from the drivers disc that came with my pc, and I was able to install some, but many failed when I tried.

I have also ran a memory check which came back clean.

Is there a way to unistall this service pack in the above scenario? The only excess hardware that is attached is a second monitor.

Any help/ideas?
Gurra's Avatar

Gurra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: vista service pack 3 - won't boot up
Hi,
This sounds just like the same issue I have.
Try bringing up the Vista boot menu by pressing F8 just after BIOS handover and just before the windows logo comes up.
Choose the option to not reboot after blue screen stop.
Are you getting a Stop 0x0000007E 0x0xC0000005?
If you do a normal reboot and auto repair, and press the "advanced" button, what details do you get?
/Gurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by switters View Post